1.- List Earth's main layers of Earth and how do they vary between each other.
2. What is a continent? Which are they?
3. According to Wegener, the continents drifted together to form the super-continent called?
4. What evidence supported the hypothesis of continental drift?
5. What are plates?
6. Because of the sea-floor spreading, the distance between Europe and North America is increasing by a few cm. per year. Is this true? Why?
7. What happens to continental crust when two continents collide?
8. What are the plate boundaries? Write the three of them. And draw adiagram of each one.
9. The theory of plate boundaries explains the formation of.......?
10. What are the four ways that earthquakes cause damage? What are the types of faults?
11. What factors help geologists determine earthquake risk for a region? With what scales do scientists measure earthquakes and name of the devices?
12. What are the four steps we must take to protect ourselves when an earthquake is happening?
13. Who studies volcanoes? Where does the volcanic belt form?
14. How are Dikes formed?
15. What is a volcano?
16.What is Magma and lava?
17. How many active volcanoes exixt?
18. In which plate boundary do volcanoes form?
19. What is a hot spot?
20. The viscosity in magma consists in silica and the ......?
21. Draw a picture of the inside of a volcano and name its structures.
22. What pushes magma to the surface?
23. What are the two kinds of eruptions?
24. What are volcano hazards?
25. Which are the stages of volcano activity?
26. How do geologista monitor volcanoes?
27. Which are the three types of volcanoes?
28. What features form as a result of magma hardening beneath Earth's surface?
29. What are Geysers?
30. What is a caldera?
31. What causes a Geyser to erupt?
32. What is a Mineral? What are the uses of minerals? make a list.
33. What are the characteristics of minerals?
34. Which are the 8 properties of minerals?
35. What is crystallization in a mineral?
36. What size crystals form when magma cools rapidly and slowly?
37. What are two ways in which minerals can form a solution?
38. What is an Ore?
39. Who owns the ocean's minerals?
40. In a list write, where do we use minerals?
41 . What is smelting?
42. What is an alloy? Write an example.
43. Don't forget that you have to study the vocabulary of all the themes we have seen in class.